Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Life Changer

A few months ago our daughter, Jennifer, told us we should start eating healthier. It hit home because Cathy and I both felt we were overweight and not eating like we should. Jennifer told us about a product that she is selling that she believes will set us on the right path to eating healthier. I know I may be a bit subjective, but Jennifer is really a smart kid. Masters degree Plus from a really good University, and possesses lot of common sense. I wonder who she got that from? Any way, being the old dog I am, I was very skeptical about it. Another gimmick, another fad, another bla bla bla eating healthier program. I decided to do it because I believe in my daughter and I could see her enthusiasm in the product. I also wanted to be her "test dummy" so she could use me as an example on how well this product worked. I talked Cathy into it and we decided to give it a go. We started what is called the 4 week "Detox" stage on July 8th of this year. I must admit, this stage is a little tough for the first 2 weeks. There is a list things you CAN eat and a list of things you CANNOT eat. You also must supplement your diet with a detox tea, a protein shake, some fiber and we used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in the Shake. We also decided to go with organic fruit, where possible, because this fruit was healthier for us.The shake is delicious, filling and the hot tea is really tasty and soothing. The shake provides a two-fold effect:
1. It is a really healthy, nutritious drink that fills you up and is only around 300 calories.
2. You begin to realize that you are deliciously filling your body with a lot of good food.
The program started to get easier after 2 weeks because you find foods on the CAN list that are really good and good for you. My savior was Raw almonds. The old dog said, I'm not eating those cardboard nuts. But after eating them, I found them delicious. I also found Chipotle and a couple low calorie entrees at Chili's restaurant, that made us feel like we were not watching what we were eating, while we really were!
There is also another unsuspected effect. I call it the "I'm feeling really good so I'm going to exercise more effect." That also burns more calories. That coupled with the better eating has an amazing synergistic effect.
Ok, in fear that I'm losing you with boring facts, I'll get to the point.
Cathy and I lost a lot of weight, we feel so much better. We have more energy and I don't know about me, but Cathy looks unbelievably good. She certainly doesn't look like she is 30. Maybe more like 39. The only problem is our clothes are way too big.
My grandson told me I look different. (I think that is a good thing.)




Some of our friends tried this program. Both have lost considerable weight. And our one friend told us her blood sugar is at a point where her doctor told her that she doesn't have to take her oral insulin.
I'm not trying to sell you on this product because that would not be right. But, I can tell you it worked really well for us and 2 of our friends. We are very excited about this so we wanted to share this with you.
If you are interested, email us with any specific questions.
The moral of this story is that you should listen to smart people and that you really CAN teach an old dog that he can wag that young tail again.

No comments: