Friday, October 4, 2013


Question:  I have a really nice home and it isn’t selling. I think it’s worth more than I’m asking for it. Any suggestions?

 Answer:  A Sellers Lament:

It’s been 53 weeks since my house went for sale.
My home must be invisible here on Timberline Trail.
Buyers should be coming round after round,
Because I buried St Joseph into the ground.

The Realtor said it needs some cleaning and shining.
And to transfer my energy to updating, not whining.
I’m changing some fixtures and adding new floors,
In hopes to see more buyers come through those new doors.

My plan must be working, more buyers are here.
I can feel it coming, a sale is near.
But another month passed, with no offer in sight,
That light in the tunnel is not looking too bright.

 The Realtor said to lower the price.
Then I told him my thoughts, which weren’t very nice.
I’ll give it some thought, I disgustingly said,
As he left my home, shaking his head.

My house is worth more, I’ve lived here for years.
So many memories and blood, sweat and tears.
But I lowered my price, just as I was told.
And a couple weeks later, my home finally sold.

No comments: